School starts next week. Excuse me, but where did summer go?! Some parents throw parties when their kids go back to school, and some are a bit more saddened. Me? I’m in that gray area in the middle. I can’t wait for my daughter to start first grade so she can see her old friends, make new ones and learn all kinds of new things. I also can’t wait to have seven hours of peace and quiet so I can work! Working from home is great until the kids are out of school and you have to answer the same question a gazillion times. On the other hand, I am a bit sad that my baby is growing up, and that we won’t be spending as much time together for the next 180 (school) days.
There are so many things on our to-do list for the back to school season, and the biggest one is purchasing a cute, yet durable backpack, as well as all the supplies and goodies that will need to go inside! One way to save on back to school necessities is by taking advantage of PayPal’s exclusive offers with select retailers. School supply lists grow every year due to lack of funding, and finding ways to make the season affordable is crucial! Even better is that with PayPal One Touch, you can opt to no longer have to re-enter your credit card information when making back-to-school purchases online.
Here are the ultimate back-to-school must-haves in Bella’s backpack:
– A personalized pencil case: Nothing says organized quite like having all of your writing utensils stored in an adorable, yet practical case.
– Extra erasers: The red erasers that originally come with pencils either don’t work or don’t last as long as the pencil itself. It’s always a wise idea to have a few extra erasers on hand (that you can store in your pencil case) for when you’re in an erasing emergency.
– Snazzy folders: If your child’s teacher doesn’t require a specific folder color, then try to score one that’s bedazzled or has your kiddo’s favorite character on it. Anything that’s not plain and boring. Your child’s eyes will light up whenever they see it! I purchased a Frozen folder last year for Bella, and you would’ve thought I sent her to school with steak and lobster (actually…she wouldn’t eat that).
– Coin pouch: If your child purchases lunch at school, having a specific pouch to store lunch money in might be a wise idea, especially if they’re prone to losing it.
– Food thermos: If your child packs their lunch like mine, having a thermos specifically for food will help you not get in the sandwich rut. I swear the last month of school last year, all I packed were turkey sandwiches. Not this year! I have a food thermos ready to go that I can store spaghetti, soup or even hot dogs in.
– ID tag: For your child’s safety, attaching an ID tag with your address and phone number could provide added security and peace of mind.
– Cleaning supplies: Nothing will make your child’s teacher smile brighter and bigger than seeing donated cleaning supplies for the classroom. Teachers often have to delve into their own pockets to purchase supplies, so receiving just one pack of wipes or paper towels lifts that burden.
Back-to-school shopping doesn’t have to be overwhelming. PayPal offers Easy Payments with PayPal credit, where you can break your payments up over time or be granted more time to pay it off. If you have more than one child, this is an excellent option to ensure that you have enough left over to survive during the back-to-school season.
Did you know that you can donate through PayPal? Thanks to the PayPal Giving Fund, all donations made will receive a 1% match through August 31st! 100% of the proceeds goes towards amazing and helpful charities, such as Let Girls Learn, YMCA, and Boys & Girls Club of America. To learn more about the PayPal Giving Fund and how to donate, visit paypal.com/givenow!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.