Disclosure: Affiliate links included for convenience.
So, you’re trying to make a baby?
Whether you’ve been trying for a month or many months, you’ve come to this page to hopefully learn about items you might want to include in your own Trying to Conceive Tool Kit! While simply relaxing is one of the most common pieces of advice, it’s not very helpful. I can’t count the number of times someone has said that to me, and I wanted to strangle them!
Here is what I recommend you have on hand for your trying to conceive journey!
1. Basal Thermometer: I loved the MABIS Basal Thermometer. Charting your BBT (basal body temperature) is the most accurate way to track your ovulation. If you’re anything like me, you simply do not ovulate on cycle day 14 and need to know exactly when you do. All you have to do is take your temperature every morning before you even sit up in bed and chart it on a fertility app, like Fertility Friend or Ovia.
2. Pre-Seed Personal Lubricant: Most lubricants are not sperm friendly. You’re going to need one that is! Pre-Seed is a favorite amongst the majority of the TTC community. Not only does it provide antioxidant support, but it also mimics fertile fluid necessary to carry off sperm to where it needs to go.
3. Prenatal Vitamins: It’s crucial to begin a prenatal vitamin regime as soon as you and your husband/boyfriend decide to try to conceive. Prenatal vitamins help fill in nutritional gaps in a mother’s diet. This is especially important for those who are lactose intolerant like myself!
4. Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs): For those who aren’t keen on the idea of tracking their basal body temperature, there’s another option. You can help pinpoint your LH (luteinizing hormone) surge by using OPKs. My favorite brand is Wondfo, as they’re SO much cheaper than the ClearBlue digital tests.
5. It Starts with the Egg by Rebecca Fett: I started reading this book at the end of 2015, and it is chock full of useful information regarding trying to conceive (including by IVF and with PCOS), as well as how to prevent the likelihood of miscarriage. I STRONGLY recommend this book if you’re searching to learn how to make everyday changes in your life that will increase the likelihood of conception.
Stay connected with Beautifully BellaFaith via…