Filled with the most practical tips (how to give a bath, decode your baby’s crying, what to buy for baby, and when to return to work) and the most up-to-date medical advice (the latest on vaccines, vitamins, illnesses, SIDS, safety, and more).
Reassuring Answers to Hundreds of Questions, including:
- What’s the best kind of car seat for my newborn?
- How do I know if my baby’s getting enough to eat?
- How can I tell if my baby is really sick? When should I call the doctor?
- Should I sign my baby up for classes?
- Should I be worried that my baby isn’t crawling yet?
- How do I cope with my colicky baby?
Comprehensive, reassuring, empathetic, realistic, and practical, What to Expect the Second Year is filled with solutions, strategies, and plenty of parental pep talks. It helps parents decode the fascinating, complicated, sometimes maddening, always adorable little person last year’s baby has become.
From the first birthday to the second, this must-have book covers everything parents need to know in an easy-to-access, topic-by-topic format, with chapters on growth, feeding, sleeping, behaviors of every conceivable kind, discipline (including teaching right from wrong), and keeping a toddler healthy and safe as he or she takes on the world. There’s a developmental time line of the second year plus special “milestone” boxes throughout that help parents keep track of their toddler’s development. Thinking of traveling with tot in tow? There’s a chapter for that, too.