So you’re planning a Disney vacation. You’re either doing it all on your own like a boss or you’re enlisting the help of knowledgeable travel agents like I do. My travel agent of 4 years ROCKS!
You’re going to have the time of your life regardless of what Fast Passes or dining reservations you choose or what add-on options you decide upon. Since you’re planning a Disney trip of a lifetime, you’ve probably heard of Memory Maker.
Or maybe you haven’t?
Memory Maker is an option that you can add on to your Magic Bands where you can have your photo taken anywhere where Disney PhotoPass Photographers are available throughout Disney property!
If you purchase Memory Maker at least three days before your arrival, it is available for $149. If you decide that you want to add it on after you’ve arrived to your resort, you’re totally able to for $169! That means you could save $20 by coming to a decision ahead of time. The price is the same no matter the duration of your stay. If you’re planning on a long stay, it’s practically a no brainer to get the Memory Maker addition. We stay for approximately 4-7 days each trip, and we’ve been using Memory Maker for the past three trips. It’s a MUST HAVE for our family, and it might be for yours as well!
Don’t worry! I’m here to help you make that decision!! Here are reasons why I believe Memory Maker is worth it…
1. Memories – It’s called MEMORY maker for a reason! You don’t have to worry about snapping away at a feverish pace! The PhotoPass photographers are there to capture the most priceless moments. Instead of being behind a camera, you can enjoy the moment or you can take advantage of pro #2!
2. Inclusion: No more sacrificing being in the photo because you’re the one taking the pictures! Memory Maker puts the photo-taking responsibility in the photographer’s hands. However, most character assistants will kindly take pictures with your personal camera or phone if you don’t have Memory Maker, but they aren’t photographers and might not be able to get the best pictures due to the settings on your camera not being adjusted properly.
3. Ride Photos: All of the photos taken on participating rides will be sent directly to your My Disney Experience account! If you didn’t have Memory Maker, each photo would cost approximately $20! Participating rides include Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Frozen Ever After and Test Track.
Seven Dwarves Mine Train and Tower of Terror even include a short 30-60 second ride video that will be sent to your account. You have GOT to see it!
4. Magic Shots: Another feature included with Memory Maker is Magic Shots, where photographers will pose you and edit your favorite characters into the shot. During our previous trip, my daughter was very adamant about getting as many Magic Shots as she could. Her favorite was when the photographer posed her hands like she’s holding Tinkerbell. There are many other Magic Shot options including Stitch, Simba, Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast, Olaf and many more!
You might even be surprised to see animated versions when looking through your photos!
5. Prime Locations: PhotoPass photographers are located throughout the parks, most importantly at prime locations like Cinderella’s Castle, Spaceship Earth, Mount Everest, Tree of Life and Tower of Terror. Other locations may be a hit or miss, but there is ALWAYS at least one photographer at these locations.
6. Unlimited: You can have as many pictures taken to your heart’s content. There isn’t a cap on how many photos! Some visitors walk away with over 500 photos! Photographers will often take 4-6 pictures per meet and greet and 2-3 per on-location photos. You can even take a picture in front of the castle in the morning, then again in the afternoon, and again at night!
7. Digital: Since your photos will be delivered electronically to your My Disney Experience account, you can download your digital photos and print as many and as often as you’d like! You’re also able download a copyright release straight from their website so you can print the photos at your local printing shop, like Fed-Ex or Walgreens.
8. Photo shoots: Memory Maker isn’t just for ride photos or a quick picture in front of an iconic structure. It can also be used for a photo shoot fit for a Princess! After your Princess is done getting her makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, head on over to Castle Couture (Magic Kingdom) or near Once Upon a Toy (Disney Springs). Photographers spent approximately 10 minutes per child, which includes a variety of precious poses.
9. It’s All Connected: If you and other members of your party split up, don’t fret. You can all utilize Memory Maker thanks to your handy dandy Magic Bands! For example, if my mom were to ride Splash Mountain, and my daughter and I chose to meet Rapunzel, all of the photos would still be added to our accounts.
10. Customizing: Once you get back home, you can add borders, stickers and even character signatures to your photos. This is super fun for kids to do!
Be sure to stay connected with Beautifully BellaFaith via