I participated in the Unilever brightFuture #ShareAMeal blog program as a member of One2One Network. I received compensation but all opinions are my own.
Imagine going to bed without dinner. Imagine waking up without breakfast. Is that hard to imagine? When you think of hunger, most think of third world countries. Very few would include America in the same sentence as hunger. But, the fact is, 1 in 5 children in America deal with hunger every single day. More than 15 million children have no idea when or where their next meal is coming.
I look at my daughter, and I have difficulty visioning her starving. We take for granted the privilege of consuming a meal at least three times a day. However, something can be done for those who do not have such privilege.
Unilever and Feeding America have teamed up to help put full plates on millions of families’ tables. Did you know that Unilever and Feeding America’s partnership has provided over 30 million meals within just the past five years? That fact is mind-blowing and is all the more reason why I wholeheartedly support this cause.
There are ways that you can aid Unilever and Feeding America in providing meals to families in need.
1. Get Socially Involved – Join the conversation on social media! When you use the hashtag #ShareAMeal, Unilever and Feeding America will fund one meal.
– Tweet using the hashtag #ShareAMeal
– Retweet an original tweet that used the hashtag #ShareAMeal
– Tag #ShareAMeal on Twitter
– Like a Facebook status that engages with #ShareAMeal
– Share a photo of an empty plate on Instagram and use the hashtag #ShareAMeal
2. Buy Unilever products online or in-store – When you purchase participating Unilever products (like Dove or Hellmann’s) either online or in-store using their coupon that will be delivered in the Sunday paper on November 1th, or on Amazon Prime Pantry, Unilever will donate a meal to Feeding America.
3. Provide Meals in Your Own Community – Help end childhood hunger by providing meals either at your home, on your block or in your community! You can even give back to your community by supporting Feeding America and donating at your local food bank!
Learn more at brightfuture.unilever.us