My all-time favorite meal ever is chili. When I first thought about starting keto, I was worried that I would have to give up my beloved chili since beans are a no-no. Let’s face it…beans are life. I was shocked to learn just how many carbs are in chili beans (what I would normally put into a pot of chili). One can has 40g of carbs! Even divided into 6 servings, beans are still way too high in carbs to consume on the keto diet. I needed to find a way to create the best keto chili, and that’s where my latest purchase came into play.
I finally jumped on the instant pot bandwagon! When Toys R Us went out of business, a store named “Ollie’s Bargain Outlet” took over the vacant space. During our last shopping trip there, I saw an 8-qt pressure cooker for only $50, and I insisted to my fiancé that I had to have it. If you have an Ollie’s Bargain Outlet near you, I definitely recommend stopping by and scoring this inexpensive pressure cooker. This thing is huge and takes up a lot of counter space, but I’m 100% positive that I’ll be using this on a regular basis. I’m not new to the slow cooker world, so I’m thrilled to begin my pressure cooker journey, especially coming up with delicious keto recipes.
This keto chili recipe may be missing beans, but it’s certainly not missing out on flavor. It almost makes me not even miss beans. Almost.
This keto chili is filled with tomatoes and peppers, which drives up the net carb count to 9g a serving, but I find this meal to be SO worth those carbs. It’s bursting with spice and flavor, and super easy to make in your instant pot. Just keep breakfast and lunch around 5g each, and you should be fine! Some people may experience a stall when they include tomatoes in their diet, but I’ve lost 14lbs in a month eating tomatoes nearly every single day.
- 1 can beef broth (14oz)
- 3tbsp butter
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10oz)
- 2lbs ground beef
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- Chili powder
- Curry powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Press the "sauté" button on your instant pot and brown the ground beef. Make sure to keep scraping the bottom so it doesn't stick. Add the diced green bell peppers.
- Drain the beef, then return to the instant pot.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, butter, cumin, chili powder, curry powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Lock lid and press the "soup" button on your instant pot, then set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Once done, turn off the instant pot and allow a 10-minute natural pressure release, along with a 1-2 minute quick pressure release.
- Serve with mozzarella or cheddar cheese on top and/or on a bed of cauliflower rice or fresh greens.
- Net carbs: 9g
- Total carbs: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 30g
- Protein: 42g
- Calories: 497kcal
- It's always a good idea to manually insert the ingredients you used into Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal to know the exact macros, as carb count can differ from brand to brand.
I can’t wait to share more keto recipes with yáll as I take you along with me on my weight loss journey. I love recreating meals that I ate prior to keto and making them low carb.
Here are other keto recipes you can find on my blog: