It’s everybody’s favorite time of year — football season! Everyone is rockin’ their team’s jersey and preparing for weekly game parties to attend. Maybe you like to chill out at the local pub, attending a party hosted by a pal, or perhaps you enjoy hosting your own game day party? Whether you’ve hosted a bunch of parties, or you’re new to the game (no pun intended), you might find the below five tips to be very helpful!
1. Wear your favorite team’s jersey! I know this should go without saying, but you don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb. Most party-goers will be decked out head-to-toe in their favorite team’s colors. Additionally, it’s a great way to build unity among friend and possible new friends!
2. Have fun with the names of the food! Express that creativity! Come up with clever football-themed names for the party food. Here are a few suggestions, but feel free to come up with your own!
Huddle Hot Wings
French Fry Fumble
Chop Block Chili
3. Decorate your house! Pinterest has tons of awesome ideas that you can implement for your next (or first!) game day party!
4. Plan at least two weeks in advance! You want to make sure that you have time to brainstorm decorating and cooking ideas, along with time to purchase supplies and ingredients! In addition, you also want to ensure that your friends and family aren’t tied down with other engagements!
5. Make these yummy tacos using Old El Paso products!
My boyfriend is a huge San Francisco 49ers fan. Our bedroom and living room are covered in 49er memorabilia. Even though they have not had a successful season in a few years, he is still, as they say, “49er Faithful“. This past Sunday, he specifically requested tacos for his game day treat.
I decided to pick up a box of Old El Paso Hard & Soft Tacos and Tortillas. These are ideal for game day parties, since everyone can get what they prefer. Some like hard taco shells, while others like flour tortillas. That’s the case with my boyfriend and myself. I prefer tortillas, and he likes tacos.
To start off make the yummiest tacos, brown approximately 2lbs of ground beef. After the beef is browned, drain the grease. Then pour 2/3c water, cayenne pepper and taco seasoning mix onto the beef. Mix together, then put the lid back on top of the pan and let it come to a boil.
While waiting for the ground beef to come to a boil, you can go ahead and put the Old El Paso hard taco shells onto a baking sheet. Place it in the oven at 325 degrees for 6 minutes. If you prefer, you can even toast the shells in the microwave if you’re in a time binge.
If you like your tortillas toasted, you can either place them in the oven or the microwave for 45 seconds like the taco shells above. We chose the microwave option.
These were just a few of the options I had available for my taco bar! We’re simple folk and don’t require a bunch of pairings to enjoy a nice, yummy taco. You can even have a bowl of avocado, corn, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, etc!
These tacos are just what the doctor ordered and what the boyfriend craved!
I consider these tacos the perfect game day party food, and I’ll continue to create and expand my little taco bar throughout the season!
- 2lb ground beef
- 1 head of lettuce
- Mild salsa
- Cheddar cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Taco seasoning mix
- 2/3c water
- Brown beef
- Mix 2/3c water, cayenne pepper and taco seasoning mix into beef
- Place lid on pan and let beef come to a boil
- Warm up tacos and tortillas in either oven at 325 degrees for 6 minutes or microwave for 45 seconds
- Chop up lettuce and put in a bowl
- Put cheese in a bowl
- Put salsa in a bowl
- Let your guests choose the toppings they prefer on their tacos and voila!
Now, on to the giveaway! One lucky winner is going to receive $10 via PayPal! All you have to do is comment below with what your favorite taco topping is! The giveaway will end November 5th at 11:59PM EST. The winner will have 48 hours to respond before another will be drawn. You do not have to be a blogger to enter or win. Open Worldwide!