Red bell peppers have a special place in my heart. I don’t like many veggies, but they somehow made the cut. Green bell peppers? Well, I had to acquire a taste for it. I came across an easy Fajita Chicken Bake recipe from The Pinning Mama, and I definitely wanted to try it out and put my own spin on it (read: omit ingredients cause I’m picky).
This recipe is incredibly easy and perfect for the busy working mom and the busy stay at home mom! It requires little prep work and takes approximately 40-45 minutes from start to finish.
You’re going to need a casserole dish, 3-4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts,red bell peppers, green bell peppers, olive oil, taco seasoning and mozzarella cheese.
After you slice the bell peppers, place the chicken in the casserole dish and pour the taco seasoning to your preference.
Lay the bell peppers on top of the chicken, then drizzle some olive oil on top.
Bake for approximately 35 minutes at 375 degrees or until chicken is fully done.
After chicken is done, layer mozzarella cheese on top. I LOVELOVELOVE mozzarella cheese, so that’s the only cheese I really wanted. You could use cheddar cheese or a Mexican blend, if that’s what you prefer. Place the dish back into the oven for 5 minutes and voila! A super cheesy and super easy fajita chicken bake recipe that the whole family can chow down on!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- Taco seasoning
- Olive oil
- After slicing the bell peppers, place the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Season with taco seasoning to preference.
- Put the bell peppers on top of the chicken, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 35 minutes or until chicken is fully done.
- Layer mozzarella cheese on top and put back into the oven for 5 minutes.