Sometimes, its difficult to get our kids to eat their veggies. Instead of forcing them to eat it raw, why not spice things up? Make vegetable dishes KID-FRIENDLY, like this Crisp Zucchini Medallion recipe! It’s great for when you’re short on time, but need a healthy snack or side item for your children. They have the same texture as potato chips, yet are nutritious.
Serves: 4-5 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. After washing the zucchini, cut it up into slices no smaller than 1/4 inch.
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Pour milk into a separate bowl.
3. Dip each zucchini slice into the milk, then the flour mixture.
4. Pour olive oil into skillet and heat until it glistens.
5. Make a single layer of medallions on the skillet.
6. Let fry for approximately 5 minutes (or until the bottom is brown) and turn over.
7. Continue til all medallions are done.
Note: These pretty much have to be eaten the same day. If you don’t think you can eat all of them, make a smaller batch. After the next day, they tend to get a bit soggy.