If you know me at all, you know I’m a sucker for creamy chicken dishes. It’s soothing to the soul, and it just simply tastes like heaven on a plate. This creamy herb chicken recipe has been a household staple for about a year or so, and I know once you give a try for your family, it’ll be a staple for yours too!
This creamy herb chicken is a breeze to make and only requires two ingredients that you maaaay not have in your pantry already, but chances are – you probably do!
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or 1 tablespoon of olive oil if you’re anti-butter) into a skillet and then add the chicken tenderloins. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. You’re going to cook the chicken until done, so about 5-7 minutes each side. The time it takes to cook depends on the thickness of your chicken. I tried using thick chicken breasts since it was all I had on hand, and it took a good 15-20 minutes each side to finish cooking. I definitely recommend chicken tenderloins or thin chicken breasts for this recipe.
After the chicken is fully cooked, remove from skillet and transfer onto a plate. We’re going to be cooking the insanely delicious sauce now! YUM!!
Melt another 2 tablespoons of butter into the same skillet. Add all of your yummy spices – thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic. Heat for approximately 1-2 minutes. Add one cup of milk or heavy cream and stir into the mixture. Once it’s boiling, add the cornstarch mixture (1tsp corn starch + 1tbsp cold water) into the center of the skillet and quickly stir to thicken the sauce.
Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer to thicken up even more. Add the chicken back into the skillet and sprinkle with any additional herbs that you may like. Serve with your favorite veggies and enjoy!
- 4tbsp butter (or 2 tbsp olive oil)
- Chicken tenderloins
- 1c milk or heavy cream
- Minced garlic
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cornstarch mixture (1tsp cornstarch + 1tbsp cold water)
- Melt 2tbsp butter into skillet. Add chicken to skillet and season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken no longer has pink on the inside (approximately 5-7 minutes each side).
- Transfer to plate once fully cooked.
- Melt another 2tbsp butter into skillet and mix in the spices - thyme, parsley, rosemary and garlic. Heat for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1c milk or heavy cream. Once boiling, quickly stir the cornstarch mixture into the center of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat and add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Sprinkle any additional spices to your liking and enjoy!