This budget friendly dinner idea is sure to be a hit for the whole family!
Most of us have been in a financial bind before. It’s so hard to plan delicious meals when you don’t have much money left over after paying bills. Whenever I’m struggling to make ends meet, I know what to make so my budget is stretched out further. This yummy beef burrito skillet is truly kind on the wallet and the taste buds. It feeds approximately 4 people, which is perfect for my household since there’s three people, and I’m kinda sorta eating for two. 😛
Beef burrito skillet is super simple to make, and it only requires ONE skillet! You don’t have to dirty up a bunch of dishes just to cook dinner. Talk about a win!
To start the recipe, brown the beef in a large skillet and drain once that’s done. Add water, salsa, taco seasoning and beans to the skillet. You can use whatever kind of beans you prefer. I used chili kidney beans, but this dish would be equally amazing with refried beans, pinto beans or black beans!
Mix the ingredients together, then cook on medium-high for approximately 5 minutes (or until the sauce thickens).
Slice the tortillas into strips and stir them in with the rest of the ingredients. Top with your favorite cheese. I chose mozzarella because I’m obsessed with it, but you could use cheddar or Mexican blend, if you like. Remove the skillet from heat and allow the cheese to melt.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1c water
- 2tbsp taco seasoning
- 1c chunky salsa
- 1 cup mozzarella (or Mexican blend) cheese
- 3-4 flour tortillas
- 1 can beans (chili, kidney, black or refried)
- Brown beef in a skillet. Drain.
- Mix together salsa, water, beans and taco seasoning, and cook on medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cut tortillas into strips. Stir in with other ingredients.
- Add cheese. Take skillet off of heat, and allow cheese to melt.
- You can add green onions, sour cream or any other burrito toppings that you wish!