Long time, no see, readers!
I decided to take a hiatus from my blog to focus on other things. I opened up an Etsy shop where I currently offer shirts, onesies and personalized gifts. The Cricut I received for Christmas from my Dad has become a big blessing. I felt a breath of fresh air that I hadn’t experienced since the early years of this blog. I was able to put my creativity to use and provide for my family.
So you might be asking why I decided to come back.
I think it’s normal to become burnt out from blogging from time to time. I had contemplated quitting more times than I could count. The industry is evolving at a rapid pace, and I felt like I couldn’t keep up. The saying “absence makes the heart grow fonder” also rings true. The longer I stayed away from blogging, the more I missed it. Certain things would happen in my life, and I would say to myself “that would make great blog content“. That’s when I knew I wasn’t done with blogging. I just needed a break.
I thought it would be a good idea to list some of my goals (both blog and personal) and see if I’ve reached them in a month’s time:
- Create at least one blog post per week. If I feel like writing more, that’s cool, but the goal is to have at least one post go live each week.
- Create content related to Cricut and Keto. I know. They don’t really have anything to do with one another, but I’ve become well versed with both for a while now, and I think I could provide some awesome tutorials (and recipes) for you guys. I toyed with the idea of just making a whole new blog dedicated to each, and I might do that in the future, but for now – I think they’ll find their home on this blog.
- Score at least one sponsored post/social media post gig. I’d love to get back into doing sponsored content, but it’s important that the product/service aligns with my blog and my personal goals.
- Post at least once a day on my Facebook page. That poor page. I have abandoned it so badly. I want to promote my old content, as well as the content of others, to build up engagement. Facebook is the social media platform that I utilize the most, right above Instagram.
- Lose 10lbs. My personal goal for the month of June is to lose 10lbs with Keto. In May, I lost 13lbs, so I’m hoping a 10lb loss is do-able for June.
I think that’s about it for my June goals! Til next time,