Baby is the size of a pumpkin! Bigger than swiss chard and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– When you’re changing baby’s first diaper, you’ll be changing out waste she’s accumulating right now.
– Baby’s lanugo is mostly gone, though some parents may notice remnants on their newborn.
– As baby gets closer to her birthday, more of the vernix caseosa on her skin falls away to reveal soft baby skin.
– Baby might weigh almost 7lbs this week!
– Baby’s irises are already gaining pigment and color. They may have settled into a final color by the time you give birth, or they may keep darkening after delivery.
– Baby’s fetal skin is falling off, giving way to ultra soft baby skin.
– The antibodies you’re giving to baby are a stand-in for her still-developing immune system.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday, and I gained 2lbs since my last appointment just one week ago! This brings my total weight gain to -1lbs! Funny how I haven’t gained consistently until the final few weeks.
Workouts: I walk Bella to school every morning, which is a 40 minute round trip.
Symptoms: The PUPPS rash on my lower belly is taking over my enjoyment of the remainder of this pregnancy. Right when I get comfortable in bed (which takes a long time to do when you have a huge belly!!), I have an uncontrollable itch. No matter how hard or how much I scratch, the urge to itch remains. I HOPE that it alleviates itself once baby is born.
Movement: She’s been moving a lot more this week. I swear I can feel her move closer and closer into the birth canal.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies!
Sleep: I’m soaking in the last week or two of sleeping as much as I want.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: My midwife checked my cervix again this week, and I’m 1cm dilated! My cervix is still really high though.
I also took my own maternity photos this past weekend with Bella. I think they turned out nice! We’ll do another shoot tomorrow or Tuesday with Dennis.
Belly Button In or Out: Out.
Happy or Moody: Moody.
New Baby Items: No new baby items this week. I don’t think I’ll be buying anything new for a bit!
Looking Forward To: Seeing my baby on another ultrasound tomorrow! We’ll be doing another weight estimation.