All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s reflexes are so strong that if you placed a finger in her palm, she would grab you.
– Baby is probably so crowded by now that the big kicks only have space to make little jabs.
– Baby can sense light well enough to turn toward a bright light it it’s shined on your uterus.
– Baby weighs a bit over 6lbs this week!
– The nerve connections baby is building now are exactly what she’ll need for all of the high-speed learning she’s going to do after birth.
– Baby’s eyes already have a color, but it may still be changing and could get darker even after she’s born.
– Baby’s favorite hobby – swallowing and peeing out amniotic fluid – is great practice for when she’ll be breathing on her own soon.
– The closer baby gets to being born, the more the rate that she keeps packing on fat actually starts to slow down, as she gets closer to her birth weight.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I had a midwife appointment on Tuesday, and I found out I gained 4lbs since my last appointment 3 weeks ago! This brings my total weight gain to -3lbs! Getting closer to being on the plus side. Luckily, with only two weeks left, I don’t see myself gaining a lot for it to really matter.
Workouts: Bella started school last week, so I’ve been walking her to school every morning. It’s approximately 40 minutes round trip. I’m hoping that this will encourage baby to drop further into my pelvis so my cervix can begin dilating.
Symptoms: As I mentioned last bumpdate, my belly is extremely itchy at the bottom. It’s hard to get any sleep because I’m too busy clawing at it. I’m surprised I haven’t drawn blood yet!
I’ve also been feeling a LOT of pressure down there.
Movement: She’s been pretty quiet, but makes sure to kick me to let me know she’s doing alright.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Chicken and noodles!
Sleep: I sleep a lot, but not consistently. I wake up at least every hour to pee or scratch my belly to death.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: At my midwife appointment, I was tested for Group B strep. I wasn’t expecting to have my blood drawn, so that totally took me by surprise! She checked my cervix for the first time, and I’m 0cm dilated. My cervix is also really high.
Belly Button In or Out: Out.
Happy or Moody: Moody.
New Baby Items: I didn’t buy anything this week!
Looking Forward To: This baby finally having a name!
See you at 38 weeks!