Baby is the size of romaine lettuce! Bigger than a honeydew melon and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby is eating her body’s lanugo and vernix caseosa, both of which will form components of meconium.
– The facial muscles baby will need to suck are really building up.
– Baby’s digestive system is the last major system to be totally developed, as it needs exposure to breast milk or formula outside of the womb to help complete the process.
– The sucking motions baby is still making regularly are great practice for breastfeeding or bottle-feeding after birth.
– Baby’s reflexes are really coming in. If you poked her knee, she would kick!
– Baby’s skull is still soft and malleable to help it pass more easily through the birth canal.
– Baby weights about 6lbs this week!
– Baby is now considered “near term”, which means they’re more ready to be born than ever before.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: My midwife appointment is tomorrow! So far, I’m at -7lbs for this pregnancy. I gained 70ish pounds with Bella, so I find my lack of weight gained to be crazy!
Workouts: I’m still nesting like a madwoman. I mop and sweep and scrub multiple times a day.
Symptoms: I think I may be having the start of PUPPS. I have small rashes on the bottom of my bump that are rather itchy and somewhat painful. It hurts to pull my pants up and down due to the friction.
Movement: She has times where she won’t move for hours, then out of nowhere – it’ll feel like she’s trying to karate chop and kung fu kick her way out of the womb!
Food Aversions: No aversions, but the thought of meatloaf or sloppy joe’s makes me cringe. I didn’t like either dish before pregnancy, though.
Food Cravings: Chicken and dumplings casserole. Recipe will be up within the next two weeks!
Sleep: Sleeping a lot!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: We finally assembled the crib! We have to fix the mattress base because we put it in wrong, but whatever…it’s UP. I also put together baby’s stroller, which Miss Bella absolutely loves!
Belly Button In or Out: Out.
Happy or Moody: Moody.
New Baby Items: I need more storage space for my cloth diapers and other diaper changing essentials, so I purchased a plastic 3-drawer cart. I also purchased a waste basket for the girls’ room so I can easily dispose of wipes (when I’m not using cloth wipes) or Bella can throw away any trash that she accumulates. I’m so tired of seeing snack wrappers on her nightstand!
Looking Forward To: This baby being born!
See you at 37 weeks!