Baby is the size of a cantaloupe! Bigger than a durian fruit and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby continues to get better at regulating her body temperature with the more fat she puts on.
– Baby’s brain development is going into overdrive as she nears her birthday.
– Baby weighs about 5.5lbs this week!
– Baby’s liver continues to develop into the filtration system it will become.
– Baby is mostly developed, which means that at this point, she is growing in a lot of the same ways as she would outside the womb.
– Baby’s bones continue to harden, using all of the calcium that you are getting in your diet.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I gained 1lb since my previous midwife appointment. This brings my total weight gain to -7lbs. Curious to see if I will stay in the negatives!
Workouts: Other than nesting, no. Nesting is a helluva workout!
Symptoms: I definitely feel as though my cervix is beginning to thin out and dilate. I guess I’ll find out if I’m right at my next appointment on September 5th.
Movement: Baby goes through spurts where she’s really calm and quiet in there, then out of nowhere, she starts kung fu fighting my organs.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Chicken fettuccine alfredo…again.
Sleep: Lots and lots of sleep this week. It’s like my body is preparing for impending labor or something… 😉
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’ve still been in nesting mode this week. I think I’ve mopped my floors every day for two weeks now. That NEVER happens. The slightest bit of dirt on the ground irritates the living daylights out of me. I’m even about to purchase a Magic Eraser Mop to use on my walls because A) I’m too short to reach that high and B) because something about a Magic Eraser Mop sounds really, really cool.
Belly Button In or Out: Oh, it’s totally out. I’m slightly grossed out and can’t wait for it to go back in.
Happy or Moody: I’ve been pretty happy this week!
New Baby Items: Nothing new this week, but I did review the Lulujo Muslin Swaddles on the blog yesterday. I’m beyond obsessed. YES…pictures of Baby NoName all swaddled and soothed in these swaddles will be posted on my Instagram.
Looking Forward To: Finally putting this dang crib together. It’ll eventually get done, right?
See you at 35 weeks!