Baby is the size of a durian fruit! Bigger than a jicama and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby has eyebrows to raise and furrow.
– Amniotic fluid doesn’t provide the best visibility, but baby’s sense of sight continues to develop.
– Baby’s bones continue to get harder as her birthday gets closer and closer.
– Baby’s eyes can now detect light, and her pupils dilate and constrict.
– Baby’s lungs are producing surfactant now, which is a big step because surfactant plays a huge part in helping us breathe.
– Baby might weigh about 4.5-5lbs this week.
– Baby’s vernix caseosa, the slippery coating on her skin, is still thick but beginning to fall off.
– Baby continues to have REM sleep cycles.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’m still down 8lbs this pregnancy. I have another appointment tomorrow, so we’ll see if I gain or stay the same weight yet again.
Workouts: I’ve been cleaning like a mad woman. Does that count?
Symptoms: Baby continues to drop further into my pelvis, which has caused even more frequent urination, as well as lightning crotch! It feels like she’s dancing on my cervix!
Movement: Baby is still moving a lot, but not as much as the previous week.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Goulash.
Sleep: I go to bed very late and wake up very late. :p
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: My nesting mode is in full force! I’ve been cleaning my house like crazy for the arrival of baby and family coming into town for the birth.
Belly Button In or Out: Out!
Happy or Moody: I’ve been pretty happy this week!
New Baby Items: I received a box of custom cloth diapers – including Sailor Moon and Pokemon prints! You can also check out my latest baby product review for My Baby’s Heartbeat Bear, where I also explain the importance that Mrs.Jumbo has on me and many in the infertility community.
Looking Forward To: Bella returning home on Sunday!
See you at 34 weeks!