All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s senses continue to get stronger and stronger as she prepares for birth.
– Baby is probably rotating into the birthing position with her head down. (or not)
– Baby might weigh a bit over 3.5lbs this week.
– Baby is now good enough at breathing that she is doing so rhythmically.
– Baby is now storing calcium and other nutrients she needs, which will help her do well outside the womb.
– Baby’s brain keeps building more and more nerve connections to help her think like Einstein.
– Baby is forming hypothalamic brain connections to help regulate her hormone production.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: At the time of writing this, I’ve already had my 32 week midwife appointment (first time I’m running behind!!). No weight gain. I’m still at -8lbs!
Workouts: I walk a lot.
Symptoms: My back is starting to ache a lot more these days!
Movement: She’s become way more active lately, and her kicks have become way more pronounced.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: No food cravings either!
Sleep: I get all the sleep that I can get!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I had another ultrasound last Wednesday to get a better look at baby’s heart. Her heart is perfect! We did, however, discover that baby is breech. There’s still time for her to spin around, and I’m praying that she does because Momma does NOT want a c-section.
Baby did NOT cooperate well at all. She faced my back the entire time! The sonographer was kind enough to print us a shot of baby’s BEAUTIFUL spine though! Lol!
She also did a weight estimate, and baby is approximately 4.9lbs! She’s bigger than 77% of babies at this gestation. I’ve only gained 4lbs this entire pregnancy, so that weight gain has been all baby!
Additionally, she mentioned that baby has lots of hair! Bella had a bunch of jet black hair (even on her forehead, back and ears!).
Belly Button In or Out: It’s flat.
Happy or Moody: As long as I remain indoors with the A/C blasting, I’m happy.
New Baby Items: My Minnie Mouse travel system came in the mail! I also ordered a comb/brush set and a contoured changing pad.
Looking Forward To: Bella returning home at the end of the month! I want to get some sweet mother/daughter maternity shots done.
See you at 32 weeks!