Baby is the size of a rutabaga! Bigger than a head of lettuce and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby can now exchange gases as her respiratory system is sufficiently developed.
– Baby continues to swallow and excrete amniotic fluid as practice for breathing on the outside.
– Cochleae have developed in baby’s ears, significantly contributing to her sense of hearing.
– Baby continues to get less wrinkly as she puts on more and more healthy fat.
– Baby might weigh a bit over 2lbs this week!
– Baby continues to practice more mature functions like coughing and dreaming.
– Baby has now packed on enough fat that she’s almost able to regulate her body temperature by herself.
– Baby’s brain development continues at a rapid pace, using all of the protein I’m getting to build cells.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’ve gained 4lbs so far, putting my total weight gain at -8lbs.
Workouts: Light walking. I was in a car for two days, so not much exercise there.
Symptoms: Frequent urination as always!
Movement: She doesn’t really kick like her big sister. She prefers to somersault and turn different directions.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Golden Corral, which I got on Thursday night!
Sleep: I’m not sleeping as much, but still a lot more than normal.
Stretch Marks: I’m getting darker stretch marks on the center of my bump.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: My mom drove from Memphis to NYC to drop off the rest of the baby things I had in TN, and to take us back with her. I fly back to NY in two weeks.
Belly Button In or Out: It’s neither in or out. It’s just flat.
Happy or Moody: Super moody. The road trip is probably to blame.
New Baby Items: As I mentioned earlier, I finally have the baby items I still had in TN – including a swing, lounger, play mats, etc.
Looking Forward To: These next two weeks relaxing and spending time with those I love. I also plan to take my own maternity photos at some point during my stay.
See you at 28 weeks!