Baby is the size of a head of lettuce! Bigger than a cauliflower and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby continues to improve her breathing skills, getting more ready to breathe on her own.
– After many months, baby is once again able to open and close her eyes.
– Baby weighs about 2lbs this week!
– Baby’s nervous system is developed enough that it is beginning to be able to control some of her critical bodily functions.
– Baby’s adrenal glands are now secreting either estrogen or androgen, which signals for my body to begin lactating.
– Baby’s liver, the body’s filtration system, is still developing using all of the protein I’m getting.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’ve gained another 2lbs this month, bringing my total weight gain to -10lbs.
Workouts: Just walking.
Symptoms: It’s been a pretty symptom free week, besides frequent trips to the bathroom!
Movement: She’s a lot calmer than Bella was inside of the womb. Her movements are so gentle. Maybe that means she’ll be my calm child? Maybe? 😛
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: I’m back to craving Froot Loops.
Sleep: I’m making sure I get lots of sleep because I know how sleepless the nights are going to be soon!
Stretch Marks: My stretch marks haven’t gotten bigger or darker this week, thankfully!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I had an appointment with the other OB at my midwife’s office this past week. He revealed my gestational diabetes test results, and they came back NORMAL! YAY for not having gestational diabetes!
He also gave me some feedback for baby’s anatomy scan that I had done at 24 weeks. He said everything looked good, but the sonographer wasn’t able to get a good view of baby’s heart, and that I need to go back for a re-do scan for the heart.
Belly Button In or Out: It’s flat, but it does come out whenever I laugh.
Happy or Moody: An even combo of both.
New Baby Items: Nothing new for baby this week.
Looking Forward To: Making the long road trip back to Tennessee to visit my family for two weeks!
See you at 27 weeks!