Baby is the size of cauliflower! Bigger than an ear of corn and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby is rotating herself toward the birthing position using her newfound sense of balance.
– Baby’s sense of hearing continues to improve every day.
– Baby’s hair continues to get thicker and thicker as her birthday approaches.
– Baby weighs almost 2lbs this week!
– Baby can detect light and may start kicking more if she notices any.
– Baby keeps producing the surfactant needed to help her lungs expand in the outside world.
– Baby’s brain is showing electrical activity, which allows her to better regulate her internal processes.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’ve only gained 2lbs of my 12lb loss back.
Workouts: Just walking.
Symptoms: I’ve noticed that it doesn’t take much for me to feel overheated.
Movement: She continues to go hours without moving, then she starts her movements back up and kicks like crazy.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: I’m still craving Golden Corral and will likely continue to until I get it!
Sleep: I love to sleep, so I’m still getting lots while I can.
Stretch Marks: The stretchmarks that I had on my love handles with Bella are coming back. Bella still calls them ‘scratches’.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I had my gestational diabetes testing this week. The drink wasn’t THAT bad, but it did make me cringe after every chug. I absolutely hate getting my blood drawn due to my deep veins and how my body reacts. Luckily, the MA found my vein, and I didn’t pass out…although I could feel myself slowly drifting out of consciousness. I never did, but I came close! I sat in the bathroom for about 5 minutes to relieve my dizziness before walking back home.
I’ll learn if I have gestational diabetes (or not) at my next appointment this Thursday. Fingers crossed that I’m good to go!
Belly Button In or Out: My belly button is coming out! It’s a really weird feeling, since it never came out when I was pregnant with Bella. With that pregnancy, it just remained flat.
Happy or Moody: I’d like to think I’ve been happy this week.
New Baby Items: Nothing new this week.
Looking Forward To: My mom is driving up here from TN to pick Bella and I up. I’ll be visiting family in TN for 2 weeks, then I’ll fly back home. Bella will stay down South until the end of August to visit more family. I’ll miss her so much, but she loves spending time with those she only sees once a year.
See you at 26 weeks!