Summer is winding down and coming to a screeching halt, while a new school year begins next Thursday. I swear, it feels like school just let out for break! We’ve traveled from NYC to Memphis and back, Louisiana, Tennessee and Florida. We had a fun day out at Incredible Pizza, and Bella had a blast at Universal Studios with her grandparents and uncle.
Since back to school season is in full swing, it’s time to think about snack ideas. I’m thankful that Bella’s school permits snacks being brought in daily. Depending on when the kids are scheduled to have lunch, it could mean going hours without eating. Snacking is incredibly beneficial to overall health and boosts that brain power, allowing kids to think more critically. Plus, hangry kids (err…and adults) aren’t exactly pleasant to be around, am I right?
Here are 25 healthy snack ideas for kids that you can easily pack for them:
- Air-popped popcorn
- Apples and peanut butter
- String cheese
- Nuts (assuming your school is not nut-free)
- Dried fruit
- Fresh veggies with hummus
- Granola bars
- Oatmeal energy bites from Hip2Save
- Cinnamon Apple Chips from Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Berry Delicious Vegan Gummies from The Crunchy Chronicles
- Mango Fruit Roll-Ups from Just a Taste
- Healthy Apple Donuts from Laura Fuentes
- No Bake Trail Mix Energy Bites from Fake Ginger
- Sweet Potato Banana Bites from The Lean Green Bean
- Strawberry Oat Bars from My Picky Eater
- Oatmeal Banana Applesauce Muffins from This Mama Loves
- Peanut Butter Banana and Honey Roll-Ups from Nutrition Expert
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips from A Spicy Perspective
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars from Passion for Savings
- Carrot Stars from Healthy Little Foodies
- Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites from A Mom’s Take
- Strawberry Energy Bites from My Kids Lick the Bowl
Say good-bye to plastic bags, and say hello to eco-friendly Itzy Ritzy snack bags! In previous years, I used my fair share of plastic bags to pack Bella’s snacks. Not only is this not environmentally friendly, but it’s also a waste of my hard-earned money. I’ve recently made the switch to re-usable snack bags, and I’ll NEVER go back.
Itzy Ritzy offers a variety of fun, inviting prints that kids will WANT to bring to school. We were sent Llama Glama and Forest Friends prints to try out. My daughter is becoming increasingly concerned over things being considered “baby-ish”, and luckily, these bags receive her stamp of “big girl” approval.
In addition to being absolutely adorable, these snack bags are food safe, FDA-approved, BPA-free, lead-free, phthalate-free, PVC-free and CPSIA certified. I appreciate that my daughter can tote around her snacks without her health and safety being compromised. The snack bags are a snap to clean, since they’re able to be washed in the machine and line dried.
Bella has stated numerous times since seeing these snack bags that she can’t wait for school to start so she can take them along in her backpack! Snack time just got more stylish!
But wait – you can also use these snack bags for more that just food! They’re the perfect size to store crayons, small electronics, travel sized toiletries, pacifiers, among many other uses.