Baby is the size of an ear of corn! Bigger than an eggplant and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s taste buds are still developing.
– Baby is borrowing antibodies from me to help her fight infection and kickstart her immune system.
– Baby has a hair color by now.
– Baby is using all of the protein I’m getting to help her rapidly develop her brain.
– Baby weights about 1.5lbs this week!
– Baby’s nails and lashes still appear white due to a lack of pigment.
– Baby is still producing surfactant, the substance that the lungs use to help the air sacs inflate.
– BABY HAS REACHED HER FIRST VIABILITY MILESTONE!! Meaning, if something were to happen to cause me to go into labor or baby needed out, she has a shot at survival. Of course, we want her to stay in full-term!
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: My weight gain is at -10lbs so far this pregnancy.
Workouts: I’ve been walking a lot, and yesterday – I attempted to fill up my daughter’s inflatable swimming pool…with no hose. THAT was a workout!
Symptoms: I’ve noticed that it doesn’t take much for me to feel overheated.
Movement: Movement is still touch and go. She’ll have hours where she’s super still, then out of nowhere, she’s bouncing around inside of me like crazy while I’m trying to sleep.
Food Aversions: No aversions.
Food Cravings: Golden Corral. Actually, I’m craving American-style buffets in general.
Sleep: I sleep a lot, but I woke up earlier than usual the majority of the week.
Stretch Marks: I’m noticing two small stretch marks near my belly button. Every time Bella sees them, she gets worried and says “Mommy! Someone scratched your belly!!“. And that right there makes all of these weekly BUMPdates worth it. I’ll have these moments to look back on and smile over.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I had my ANATOMY SCAN this past Wednesday! We waited and waited for almost 3 hours to be seen, but it was all worth it seeing baby girl’s heart beating away and seeing all of her bones and organs. The sonographer didn’t say much, so I’m hoping to hear more about the scan when I see the other OB/GYN at the office at the end of the month.
Belly Button In or Out: It’s become even flatter this week. When I laugh or cough or sneeze, it pops out!
Happy or Moody: Moody! We’ve been experiencing a heat wave here in NYC and have been relying on window and box fans to get us through. Thankfully, Dennis installed the A/C unit into our window tonight.
New Baby Items: I ordered a cute hooded elephant baby towel from Amazon! We also received a gift bag from a fan at Dennis’ Tier 1 Wrestling show last night that included a few clothing items, two pairs of mittens, two pacifiers and a bath set. Very nice of them!
Looking Forward To: Visiting my family in a few weeks!
See you at 25 weeks!