Baby is the size of a sweet potato! Bigger than an pomegranate and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– The bones in baby’s ears are developing along with nerve endings in the brain, helping her build a sense of hearing.
– Baby is soon-to-be developing a coating of myelin on her nerves, a substance that helps the brain communicate with the rest of the nervous system.
– Baby’s heartbeat may be able to be heard with a stethoscope.
– Baby weighs 6.7oz this week.
– Baby’s bones are hardening, beginning with her legs and collarbones.
– Since baby is a girl, her uterus is already in place.
– Baby is developing a slick coating called the vernix caseosa which usually falls off before birth.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’m -12lbs so far. My next midwife appointment is on Tuesday, so we’ll see how it goes! With how big my bump is getting already, I’ll be shocked if I lost any more weight.
Symptoms: Very frequent urination, which is always fun…especially in the middle of the night. I still feel round ligament pain whenever I walk my daughter to school.
Movement: I’m still not feeling any kicks, but I do feel strong flips and somersaults.
Food Aversions: No aversions this week.
Food Cravings: Green bean, potato and chicken casserole.
Sleep: I still sleep a lot, but less than I was in the first trimester.
Stretch Marks: None yet thankfully!
Miss Anything?: Nothing that I can think of.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’m still washing baby’s clothes and organizing her dresser. Bella enjoys helping me with this chore and loves to ooo and ahh over all the cute outfits.
Belly Button In or Out: In.
Happy or Moody: Happy!
New Baby Items: More cloth diapers!
Looking Forward To: Baby girl’s anatomy scan! Should be coming up within the next week or two!
See you at 19 weeks!