Baby is the size of a pomegranate! Bigger than an avocado and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s skeleton is currently made up of cartilage, but it is turning to bone.
– The umbilical cord is growing stronger in order to better support baby.
– Baby’s finger and toenails are coming in.
– Baby weighs about 4.9oz this week!
– Baby is taking control of her actions, as she may swallow or yawn.
– Baby’s eyelashes and hair are growing in.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: I’m -12lbs so far. My next midwife appointment is May 2nd, so we’ll see how it goes!
Symptoms: I’ve been experiencing round ligament pains if I make sudden movements, like get off the couch too fast.
Movement: Movement is still quite light and hardly noticeable unless I’m focusing on it.
Food Aversions: No aversions this week.
Food Cravings: Mashed potatoes and gravy. As always.
Sleep: My energy is coming back, thankfully. I’ve been going to sleep earlier and waking up earlier, too.
Stretch Marks: None yet thankfully!
Miss Anything?: Nothing that I can think of.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: I’ve been washing and organizing baby’s clothes for her dresser!
Belly Button In or Out: In.
Happy or Moody: Happy!
New Baby Items: I’ve bought a bunch of adorable cloth diapers!
Looking Forward To: Baby girl’s anatomy scan!
See you at 18 weeks!