Baby is the size of a lemon! Bigger than a peach and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Baby’s kidneys are producing urine.
– Baby is using all of the protein I’m getting to help him build strong muscles.
– Baby can now bend his knees and elbows, giving him a greater range of motion.
– Baby’s liver and pancreas have begun producing fluids, putting him even closer to being able to sustain himself.
– Baby’s eyes can sense light, even though her eyelids will still be fused closed for a few more months.
– Baby can make all sorts of facial expressions.
– Baby starts to develop its distinguishing facial features, and its heart begins to pump more blood.
– Baby is producing meconium, the substance that will make up here first few poops.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: No official weight gain so far. My midwife appointment is this Tuesday, so I’ll know for sure then.
Symptoms: I’ve experienced a much much MUCH needed burst of energy this week.
Movement: I’ve been feeling little tap-tap-taps on my left side when I lay on my right side, and I’m also feeling tiny rolls/somersaults.
Food Aversions: No aversions this week.
Food Cravings: Froot Loops!
Sleep: I’ve been requiring less sleep lately, but I’m still sleeping more than the normal person.
Stretch Marks: None yet thankfully!
Miss Anything?: I guess I kind of miss sleeping on my stomach. I’ve reached the point in my pregnancy where that is no longer a position I can be in.
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: We put together the baby’s dresser earlier this week! I’m waiting to know the gender before I purchase custom drawer knobs. I can’t wait to know what we’re having so I can stuff it with cute clothes!
I also purchased and put together our new hampers. I got one for my bedroom, and one for the kids’ bedroom for them to share. I bought them from Amazon for just $24.99 each!
Belly Button In or Out: In.
Happy or Moody: In between.
New Baby Items: Other than that hamper I bought, I haven’t purchased anything new for baby. I did buy a few things for big sister from Amazon, like –
Frozen Multi-Bin Toy Organizer – Bella really needed storage for all of her dress up clothes, jewelry and accessories, and this seemed perfect for that.
Hello In There! A Big Sister’s Book of Waiting – I figured this would be a good book for Bella that gets down on a child’s level about the miracle of pregnancy.
Super Big Sister Tumbler – This is just a small gift for Bella that I know she’s going to love. She’s already so proud about becoming a big sister.
Big Sister Sash – I purchased this for Bella to wear at my gender reveal party. It’s adorable!
Looking Forward To: My gender reveal party this Sunday (April 9th)!
See you at 15 weeks!