Baby is the size of a lime! Bigger than a prune and growing more every day!
All that baby’s been up to this week:
– Whether the baby is a boy or a girl, baby’s genitalia is developing, which will eventually indicate on an ultrasound what gender baby is.
– The blood vessels in the placenta are growing in size and number to help support baby throughout the rest of his time in my belly.
– Baby is practicing breathing by swallowing and peeing out amniotic fluid.
– Baby can’t talk, but his vocal cords are doing some serious developing.
– By now, baby’s kidneys may be functioning, helping her filter her blood to keep her healthy.
– Baby’s arms and legs are developing even more.
All that’s been going on with me:
Weight gained: No weight gained so far. My goal is to gain no more than 30lbs.
Symptoms: I’m still quite fatigued. I’m also experiencing more headaches.
Movement: No movement yet, but I hope to feel some flutters within the next month or so!
Food Aversions: I can’t recall any aversions this week.
Food Cravings: Swiss steak. I made some earlier tonight, and it was DELICIOUS!!
Sleep: I sleep a lot still. I’m waiting for the burst of energy once I hit my second trimester in a week!
Stretch Marks: None yet.
Miss Anything?: Nothing comes to mind!
Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: This week has been pretty uneventful and boring. I have been getting this overwhelming feeling that I’m having another girl. I have no reason why I feel this way. All of the old wives tales and gender charts point to me having a boy, but I can’t shake off this intuition that I’m going to be a mom of girls.
Belly Button In or Out: In.
Happy or Moody Most of the Time: Moody.
New Baby Items: I purchased a big box of wipes from Walmart so I could get over the $35 free shipping hump. You can never have too many wipes!
Looking Forward To: Finding out if baby is a little Princess or a little Prince!
See you at 12 weeks!